Best Leave-In Conditioners: Camille Rose and Knot Today Lead Reddit's Picks

Best leave-in conditioners: McRoy ranking of Camille Rose, Kinky Curly Knot Today and Mielle

In short: Kinky Curly Knot Today and Camille Rose had the most owners, and nearly all of them kept using them, some for 10 to 16 years.

The McRoy Take

If you have curly or coily hair, start with Kinky Curly Knot Today or one of Camille Rose's leave-ins: they had the most owners, and nearly all of them kept using them, some for 10 to 16 years. For a cheaper big bottle, Aunt Jackie's Quench and Skala came up as budget favorites. Wavy or fine hair? A light spray like Not Your Mother's suited those owners, while It's a 10 split opinions: good for blow-drying, but several wavy-haired owners found it weighed their hair down. Most votes came from r/Naturalhair and r/BlackHair, so this list leans toward curly and coily hair.

Based on 4.1K Reddit comments in 100 threads from the last 12 months (r/Naturalhair, r/BlackHair, r/Wavyhair). Updated Oct 2026. How we rank

As an Amazon Associate, McRoy earns from qualifying purchases. That never affects the ranking.

Quick guide: start here

  1. #1
    100
    McRoy Score
    100% keep using it11 people tried itSolid signal

    All 11 owners liked theirs. Curl Love Moisture Milk, Honey Hydrate and the Coconut Water leave-in came up most; one owner said it "MELTS into my hair".

    Best for
    curly and coily hair that needs moisture
    How people use it
    Some owners layer it under a cream and gel on wash day
    What people said (2)
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“Sounds like you need a clarifying shampoo. I know you said Ouidad chelating shampoo is there but if it were truly clarifying I think your hair would have recovered from the Blue Magic you tried. Wash twice as another person said below. Ot…”
    Kept using it · r/BlackHair“I’ve tried so many but keep coming back to: 1. SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-In Conditioner 2. Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk The biggest things for me are giving something a few tries to figure o…”
  2. #2
    98
    McRoy Score
    92% keep using it13 people tried itSolid signal

    A long-time favorite: several owners have used it for 10 to 16 years. They praise the slip for detangling without weighing hair down.

    Best for
    detangling without heaviness
    How people use it
    A little goes a long way; some use it diluted as a spray between wash days
    Watch out
    one owner found it dried out after day 2 on its own
    What people said (3)
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“I've been using this leave in since I've big chopped in 2012/2013, and no other conditioner compares to it in my personal experience.”
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“I love that it has enough slip to detangle without making my hair feel heavy, and a little goes a long way.”
    Didn't work for them · r/Naturalhair“By itself, Knot Today dries up for me after day 2.”
  3. 100% keep using it6 people tried itEarly signal

    All 6 owners were positive, mostly about the Pomegranate & Honey leave-in; one also loves the Rosemary Mint version.

    Best for
    coily hair that needs a rich leave-in
    What people said (2)
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“L’Oréal hyaloron plump (purple bottle, “for dry hair”) is really affordable. It’s $5 for the basic 12 oz and $10 for the jumbo one. That Mielle pomegranate and honey leave in is the only leave is the only product that I spend more than $10…”
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“For leave in, either it’s a 10 leave in, mielle pomegranate honey, or amika hydro rush.”
  4. #4
    70
    McRoy Score
    100% keep using it5 people tried itEarly signal

    Owners use Skala's big tubs of conditioner as a leave-in; one wavy owner said it was the best their hair has looked, another said it's really good for frizz.

    Best for
    wavy and curly hair on a budget
    How people use it
    Use it as a leave-in, then add a gel on top
    What people said (2)
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“I use the bond repair shampoo because my hair is coloured, dream lengths conditioner, glycolic gloss lamellar rinse, the total repair protein leave in spray and i also use a Skala leave in conditioner”
    Kept using it · r/Wavyhair“I just tried out the skala conditioners and used it as a leave in and then a flax seed gel today. I think this is the best my hair has looked and I've been trying so many prestige and drugstore products for my curl/wave type.”
  5. #5
    70
    McRoy Score
    100% keep using it4 people tried itEarly signal

    Quench was the one owners named: a favorite inexpensive leave-in that works well for them.

    Best for
    a cheap, big bottle
    How people use it
    One owner finds jumbo sizes at Marshalls
    What people said (2)
    Kept using it · r/BlackHair“my current favorite is Aunt Jackie’s Quench.”
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“You could be using too many products! I know that sounds crazy but same thing happened to me. I've started using auntie Jackie products and surprisingly.... Blue magic hair grease! This is my process Wash hair 3 times with auntie Jackie cl…”
  6. 100% keep using it4 people tried itEarly signal

    All 4 owners liked theirs; the Green Tea leave-in got called an "all time fav", and the Rose Water leave-in and hair milk were praised for hydration.

    Best for
    dry hair that needs hydration
    What people said (2)
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“TGIN green tea leave in is my all time fav.”
    Kept using it · r/BlackHair“TGIN hair milk is great”
  7. #7
    70
    McRoy Score
    100% keep using it4 people tried itEarly signal

    Owners with wavy and curly hair like the lightweight spray as the first step after the shower.

    Best for
    wavy or fine hair
    How people use it
    Spray it into your hand and brush it through wet hair
    What people said (2)
    Kept using it · r/curlyhair“I’ve used both NYM curl leave in spray + Pantene 10 in 1 miracle spray as leave in, and I put it on my hair before I do anything else once I get out of the shower!”
    Kept using it · r/Wavyhair“spray Not Your Mother’s leave in conditioner in my hand and brush it through.”
  8. #8
    70
    McRoy Score
    100% keep using it5 people tried itEarly signal

    Owners like the Classic leave-in, and one rates the newer Bond leave-in for its ingredients.

    Best for
    curly and coily hair
    How people use it
    Apply on soaking-wet hair in the shower, then add a little gel
    What people said (2)
    Kept using it · r/curlyhair“Hii here are the results!! 👩‍🦱 I got the Cantu custard gel you recommended, so glad it was easy to find in a French supermarket! First time I’ve used it I’ve put too much on and my hair was so slimy I didn’t t like that. The next day I went…”
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“I like As I Am leave-in.”
  9. #9
    60
    McRoy Score
    57% keep using it8 people tried itEarly signal

    Split opinions: people like it for blow-drying and heat protection, but several wavy-haired owners said it weighed their waves down.

    Best for
    blow-drying and straightening
    How people use it
    There's a fragrance-free version for sensitive skin
    Watch out
    can weigh down wavy hair
    What people said (3)
    Didn't work for them · r/Wavyhair“It looks like you have product buildup on your hair. Are you using the L'Oreal Hyaluronic Plump shampoo and conditioner? I tried that line before and it left a residue on my hair that weighed it down and made it stringy. I would start by c…”
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“For leave in, either it’s a 10 leave in, mielle pomegranate honey, or amika hydro rush.”
    Kept using it · r/curlyhair“The it’s a 10 potion is really, really good.”
  10. 75% keep using it4 people tried itEarly signal

    3 of 4 owners keep coming back to the Jamaican Black Castor Oil leave-in; one said it didn't work for them.

    Best for
    coily hair that likes heavier products
    Watch out
    didn't suit everyone
    What people said (3)
    Kept using it · r/BlackHair“I’ve tried so many but keep coming back to: 1. SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen & Restore Leave-In Conditioner 2. Camille Rose Curl Love Moisture Milk The biggest things for me are giving something a few tries to figure o…”
    Kept using it · r/Naturalhair“On wash day I personally use shea moisture JBCO leave in, Camille Rose curl love leave in, then Taliyah wajiid curl elixir (cream), then a good holding gel.”
    Didn't work for them · r/BlackHair“TGIN hair milk is great but I think Mielle Rosemary Mint leave in remains my fave paired with their rosemary mint oil. I have tried Shea Moisture Jamaican castor leave in and it unfortunately did not work but I love their shampoo and deep p…”

How we rank

We only count people who say they actually used a product, one vote per person. "Keep using it" is the share of them who stuck with it rather than quitting. The McRoy Score combines how many people recommend a product (75%) with that keep-using rate (25%). Products need at least a few real users to be ranked; ones with fewer reviews are left out rather than guessed. Full method

Your turn

Tried one of these, or something that isn't here? Tell us how it went in the comments. Real experiences go into the next update.

As an Amazon Associate, McRoy earns from qualifying purchases: if you buy through a link, McRoy may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. It never affects the ranking. See our affiliate disclosure. Brands with several leave-ins are grouped under the brand; the quotes name the exact products. Most votes came from r/Naturalhair and r/BlackHair, so the list leans toward curly and coily hair.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Adjustable Dumbbells: PowerBlock Is Reddit's Clear Favorite

Best Hair Growth Oils for Thicker, Healthier looking Hair

Best 3 Hair Serum For Hair Growth | Ranking top hair serum 2026